Forcing a New Preview

I upgraded from Font Site Script 1.1 to 2.01 following the instructions in the __UPGRADE.txt file. This includes importing the 1.1 to 2.0 and 2.0 to 2.01 patches.

Before the upgrade I uploaded 9 fonts and only 1 previewed, so I approved the one that previews correctly and I tried to force a new preview for one of the fonts that didn't generate a preview. Upon doing so, in
http://www.font-journal.com/admin/font_edit.php
I wound-up with the following error messages:

Database Error:
Unknown column 'previewOverride' in 'field list'

Last Query:
UPDATE font SET `fontName`='Love Ya Like A Sister',`fontDesigner`='Kimberly Geswein',`licenseId`='1',`urlWebsite`='',`urlProfile`='',`urlBlog`='',`previewOverride`='' WHERE `id` = '13088'

What did I do wrong?
How can I fix this?
Thanks

OK, I am getting the error anytime I edit a font. I am guessing that the previewOverride column wasn't successfully patched in? Was this an error with one of the patches, or did it just not take even though the imports were both reported as successful?

Look forward to getting this resolved. ;) Then I can work on getting my backgrounds back.

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
Hi,

It's in the patch fonts_v1.0.1_to_v1.1.sql file. Try running the whole sql patch file or just the sql line:

ALTER TABLE `font` ADD `previewOverride` VARCHAR( 50 ) NOT NULL;

Regards,
Adam.