Current Status

Chix Wi Dix

Aug 12, 2019
Hello,

I purchased Yetishare about a year or two ago and it's past my renewal date, however i'm curious what the status of this script is now ? There's not been an update since 2018 and i can't find any information on upcoming features. Currently there's no reason to renew as there's no new features or anything. There's so much that could be implemented such as easier upgrades (as opposed to it all been manual) moving files across servers without having to do it manually through SSH as well as simple things like repeat uploads instead of having to refresh the page to reload the upload form and a 'copy link' button next to uploads.

Paul.

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
Hi,

I've been working on a rewrite of the core framework to a MVC structure. It's taking a lot longer than I'd hoped however it is about ~95% there. Once that's done new dev will be significantly easier along with applying script upgrades, so we should be in a good place to add a lot more features.

I can't confirm a date yet although expect an update on the blog in the next few weeks.

Thanks,
Adam.

worldofpcgames46668

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jul 28, 2017
Hi,

I've been working on a rewrite of the core framework to a MVC structure. It's taking a lot longer than I'd hoped however it is about ~95% there. Once that's done new dev will be significantly easier along with applying script upgrades, so we should be in a good place to add a lot more features.

I can't confirm a date yet although expect an update on the blog in the next few weeks.

Thanks,
Adam.
That's great to hear and welcome back from the vacation.

Reactions: adam

Chix Wi Dix

Aug 12, 2019
That is great, thanks for the update. My main concern is, will 4.x sites be upgradeable to 5.x because i think it might of been xenforo forums when they recoded and changed framework you couldn't upgrade your site, you had to start afresh due to the amount of differences. Also apart from the obvious new features missing will old themes installed on 4.x still operate on 5.x.

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
Yes v4 sites will be upgradable to v5. Unfortunately the themes for v4 wont work out of the box, they'll need to be amended to work with v5.

worldofpcgames46668

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jul 28, 2017
Yes v4 sites will be upgradable to v5. Unfortunately the themes for v4 wont work out of the box, they'll need to be amended to work with v5.
Any update on the progress of the new V5? And adam i cant login to the tickets section.

saml2

Aug 8, 2019
It's now March 2020 and cPanel is removing PHP 5.6, deprecating this software. When will 5.0 be released?

worldofpcgames46668

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jul 28, 2017
Thanks for the long awaited updated. Hopefully to see new features added soon enough.

Will be testing it in a few days after renewal.

Reactions: adam

worldofpcgames46668

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jul 28, 2017
One thing, i havent tested the payment of omnipay on the new script, but on V4 most of them dont work. Almost most of the card processing ones not PayPal, i checked those issues on Omnipay github too and they were there too.

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
One thing, i havent tested the payment of omnipay on the new script, but on V4 most of them dont work. Almost most of the card processing ones not PayPal, i checked those issues on Omnipay github too and they were there too.
Thanks for the feedback, I'll take a look at these over the next few days. Some of them weren't redirecting to their offsite payment process, which should now be fixed, however I'll give them a good test over...

vanzi

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Oct 19, 2019
Hi Adam ,
I can't see the beta version in my download area. my subscription is still active.
Regards

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
Hi Adam ,
I can't see the beta version in my download area. my subscription is still active.
Regards
Hi,

Where are you looking, on yetishare.com or mfscripts.com? It'll only show on yetishare.com via your account like below:

Adam.