Can not upload plugins?

jacoblhansen2575

YetiShare User
May 26, 2013

Anyone else ran into this problem while trying to add the plugsins? This is a fresh install and plugins folder is set to 755. It feels like the script can not upload/open the plugin.

jacoblhansen2575

YetiShare User
May 26, 2013
Doing it manually won't work either. It will be listed just fine but when I hit install and agree to install it, the red error bar pops up.

Strangely I had everything working just fine yesterday, but had to do a clean install. And now this.

ysmods

Jan 29, 2013
UK
www.ysmods.com
Unzip the zip file and open up _plugin_config.inc.php

Check that each // or $ starts on a new line.

Its because for some reason the line breaks/returns are messed up during the save/zip process and the plugin installation code cannot read it when the breaks/returns are messed up.

Once you've fixed the file, re-zip the files and it should upload / install normally.

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
This was an issue with the max post settings on that server, nothing in the script. They were set to:

post_max_size 8M
upload_max_filesize 6GB

Something in the 6GB value was causing the issue as when I reverted it to 500M (using the local php.ini file) the plugin upload worked fine. It was probably failing to read it which reverted it to zero. I'd recommend using it in the format 6G or 6144M.

Consider also the 2GB restriction on 32bit file systems, so you may only be able to set 2G at most.