Bug: Android devices do not download complete file

localhost

YetiShare User
Jul 7, 2012
www.droidbin.com
All my Android users are having the same problem
They do download the file from server, but not completely (they all get an pars error when trying to install)

What php file is doing the actualy push to the client when downloading the file?

I would like to have a look at it, and see if I can fix the error.

Thank you.

localhost

YetiShare User
Jul 7, 2012
www.droidbin.com
Okay. I found the problem.
The files causing the error were .APK files.
All that was needed to fix this problem was to add:
'apk' => 'application/vnd.android.package-archive',
to the functions.inc.php file

localhost

YetiShare User
Jul 7, 2012
www.droidbin.com
Error.. I thought that I fixed it, but still no joy :-(

It's for files with the extention .apk, and it's only a problem when users are trying to download the file with an Android OS system

Basicaly the file does not download completely, causing it to give an errer when trying to install the file (danamged file error) :-

localhost

YetiShare User
Jul 7, 2012
www.droidbin.com
Okay. After some more testing with Android devices I discovered that the problem is only with the standard Android browser named Dolphin browser.

When clicking the download link (after countdown) it downloads the "countdown" page again.

The funny thing is that it saves it as the correct file name, with the correct extention. (foo.apk)

The Dolphin browser is verry picky on how the headers are send.

I'll be doind some more testing, and report back.

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. Hopefully they'll fix it soon. (although it was reported over 3 years ago!)

localhost

YetiShare User
Jul 7, 2012
www.droidbin.com
I've patched the script to "identify" the browser (and OS) that is causing the trouble, and set it to " $skipCountdown = true;"
Downloading with the Dolphin browser is now working good.

I know that things can be spoofed easely, but for now it's the only way to make it work.

dskins

YetiShare User
Jan 1, 1970
With the Andriod I think its the Andriod system itself.
1. Open Settings.

2. Select Applications.

3. Select Manage Applications.

4. Tap the All tab, then scroll down and select Google Play Store.

5. Select Clear cache.

6. Back out of the screen and select Download Manager (May also be listed as “Downloads”).

7. Select Clear data.

8. Also clear data for Google Services Framework, Google Apps, Google Talk, and Checkin Service. Some users are reporting they had to clear data for the Browser app as well. You may not see all of these apps listed on your particular phone.

See if downloading from the Google Play works now.

Of course, this works with any Android device (Droid RAZR, Samsung Galaxy S, etc.)

You are right though its a system browser with Andriod that is doing it because even some of the Google Play is acting weird. After doing some research about Andriod bugs.