Blank White Page after install

joshwegener2784

YetiShare User
Jul 25, 2013
Hello, I just setup the script on leetbucket.com and rant he install. The admin page works fine, but the homepage is just white? What is wrong?

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
This is happening on some hosts when it can't find PDO. I've checked a few of them out and PDO actually is enabled so we're investigating whether it's due to a specific version or PDO function call. In the mean time you can revert to the old database class to get the script up and running:

- Delete includes/class.database.php
- Rename includes/class.database_ORG.php to includes/class.database.php

That'll get you up and running until we're able to figure out the core issue.

joshwegener2784

YetiShare User
Jul 25, 2013
The solution for me was to blow away php.ini that comes with the software. This is because you have to set ALL values in the php.ini, not just the ones you want to override. So I moved the 2 changes to my global php.ini and now it works. I had PDO class installed, but because of the php.ini that comes with the software was overriding my default php.ini and causing it not to load the pdo module.

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
joshwegener2784 said:
The solution for me was to blow away php.ini that comes with the software. This is because you have to set ALL values in the php.ini, not just the ones you want to override. So I moved the 2 changes to my global php.ini and now it works. I had PDO class installed, but because of the php.ini that comes with the software was overriding my default php.ini and causing it not to load the pdo module.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll look at renaming the local php.ini files in the release source so they're not loaded by default. The local php.ini files only apply to the current directory rather than all sub-directories anyway, so not ideal.