Account keeps automatically switching to Disabled

tihomir6271

YetiShare User
I have few accounts that if I manually switch to Active, on the next day they are switch back to disable. The users are using them through the day until next day when they are with status Disabled?
I cannot find where the logic is controlled or why active account that is being in use the platform keeps switching it back to disabled.

Cheers,
-Tiho

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
I don't think there's any logic which disables accounts...

Are they showing in the admin area as disabled or are they just locked out of their accounts? For example after too many failed logins.

Thanks,
Adam.

tihomir6271

YetiShare User
Current version is v5.0.0. I have renewed the support and planning for this weekend upgrade of the version to 5.2.
Shall we wait for the update, check again if the accounts are switched back to Disabled and then continue with the troubleshooting?
The address of the server is: https://filesend.io/ (I think you still have access to the server since the last issues with duplicate options in the settings).

Cheers,
-Tiho

soliddrive.co

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jul 9, 2018
soliddrive.co
Current version is v5.0.0. I have renewed the support and planning for this weekend upgrade of the version to 5.2.
Shall we wait for the update, check again if the accounts are switched back to Disabled and then continue with the troubleshooting?
The address of the server is: https://filesend.io/ (I think you still have access to the server since the last issues with duplicate options in the settings).

Cheers,
-Tiho
Have you checked account packages?

7031.png

Reactions: adam

tihomir6271

YetiShare User
Here is my current configuration for the Free package

My assumption is that if I change the status of the account to Active, the Auto Expire counter will start from the same day again. I think that now once it expire, it's for good.
I'll put that to 0 and see if it is going to change back to Disabled tomorrow.

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
Have you checked account packages?
Thanks for pointing that out, I'd forgotten about that setting! :)

I've looked at the code and it is indeed based on the account created date. So toggling it back to active will only disable it the next day. The function is:

UserHelper::disableExpiredAccounts();

In the cron task:

"\app\tasks\auto_prune.cron.php"

Setting it to 0 should bypass it.

tihomir6271

YetiShare User
Thanks for pointing that out, I'd forgotten about that setting! :)

I've looked at the code and it is indeed based on the account created date. So toggling it back to active will only disable it the next day. The function is:

UserHelper::disableExpiredAccounts();

In the cron task:

"\app\tasks\auto_prune.cron.php"

Setting it to 0 should bypass it.
Now it is 0 and let see what would be tomorrow.

Adam,
Should it be corrected and the counter reset with a new period? This also means that if you have one value, new accounts are created and then change that value, the expiration date will not be updated and account will be deactivated according the previous value in the profile, right?

Cheers,
-Tiho

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
Should it be corrected and the counter reset with a new period? This also means that if you have one value, new accounts are created and then change that value, the expiration date will not be updated and account will be deactivated according the previous value in the profile, right?
It's difficult to do without some real changes to how this works. You might be best switching them to another package if you need to change their account expiry period. Or we could look at having an account based setting which overrides any package setting, but that would need some dev.

Reactions: soliddrive.co