Y.S 3.5.1: Uploader freeze and Go! (Video HD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mastern

YetiShare User
Apr 24, 2013
Hi Adam,

I receive many mail from my users, they see it as a bug and are frustrated. :oops:
After my check on fhscript.com (see file attached), I confirm this as a frustrating behaviour of the uploader and affect all Y.S 3.5.1.

issue : When you upload a bigger file (>5mb) or multiple files (even <5mb), the upload progress stop many seconds each 5MB before to continue and after, the progress bare regress before progressing. The upload takes more more time (x4 to x10) to finished. You feel it freeze or crash.

I suspect the chunk tracker or the chunk file size option. I see a difference in 3.5/3.5.1 for class.uploader.php, i will test a revert.

class.uploader.php modification in 3.5.1
Code:
   $tmpFilename    = MD5($fileUpload->name);
          $dbInsert->localFilePath    = (substr($file_path, 0, strlen($this->options['upload_dir'])) == $this->options['upload_dir'])?substr($file_path, strlen($this->options['upload_dir'])):$file_path;
class.uploader.php in 3.5
Code:
  $tmpFilename    = MD5($chunk_tracker . $fileUpload->name);
         $dbInsert->localFilePath    = str_replace($this->options['upload_dir'], '', $file_path);
If you can do anything, it is welcomed Adam or another else. So i must find a solution ASAP, can't wait the next release, as it is vital for the quality of the service. I even loose some users right now. :twisted:

Regards,
Maverick - Since Y.S 3.2

Attachments

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
Re: Y.S 3.5.1 Bug : Uploader freeze and Go!

I've tested this on our demo site and I fail to see how it's a big issue. Especially why you'd loose customers over it? I'm not seeing the progress bar go backwards.

The upload is done in chunks of 5MB so there will be a slight delay while it loads the next chunk and makes the http connection. It impacts the overall time slightly but not much.

Unless I'm missing something?

So i must find a solution ASAP, can't wait the next release, as it is vital for the quality of the service. I even loose some users right now
We are not patching any released code unless something is deemed a security issue or major functionality flaw.

mastern

YetiShare User
Apr 24, 2013
Re: Y.S 3.5.1: Uploader freeze and Go!

Try to add many files up to 50Mb, it will freeze and regress before to continue like in F1 Stop and Go penalities.
Who win to invent ? :twisted:

Yes, my service is for Pro Video Transcoding so users upload file >500Mb and it is frustrating face to competition site.

I will revert it and will find a solution for myself, if there is no patch or if it is seen as a good behaviour (previous version doesn't have this) !

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009

It still works fine on our demo site with multiple files.

The progress bar will likely go back if the section failed the upload. I'd recommend checking if your server is refusing the section for any reason or if your connection is dropping. You can use Firebug in Firefox to see the response of each request.

mastern

YetiShare User
Apr 24, 2013

If i have a time or not find a solution : Don't worry, i will take a video of fhscript.com it and post it on Youtube so you will see how it affect the quality of a services! How it freeze and how it regress before continue.

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009

Ok, please correspond any bugs via email from now on as per the forum rules. You can send them via the contact form at the top.

Thanks,
Adam.

mastern

YetiShare User
Apr 24, 2013

Yep! Just promise me to respond.

regards,
Maverick

Status
Not open for further replies.