Versioning needed : YS 3.5.1 / YS 3.5.2

mastern

YetiShare User
Apr 24, 2013
Hi Adam,

I see that the Yetishare 3.5 has been updated more than twice already but it's hard to know what has been changed.
For someone or organization, we need the list of modified files for each update or release.

When a consumer of YS don't read the mfscripts forum, he don't know any new modifications bringed for the current version (3.5), that's not good for consumers assistant.

So, i suggest that, the better way for Yetishare to be more understandable is to add versionning :

- XX/03/14 Yetishare 3.5.1 : File server deletion optimization update
Modified files :
includes/class.file.php
__get_all_file_server_paths.ajax.php
delete.php

- XX/03/14 Yetishare 3.5.2 : File Download optimization time update
etc...

Regards,
Maverick

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
We already do have versioning. The recent fixes will be part of a new version later this week. The other changes have been patched in as were minor and better for new users. There's no need to create a new version for each change, you should wait for the announced releases.

mastern

YetiShare User
Apr 24, 2013
Hi Adam,

I just want to respond to your statement about "There's no need to create a new version for each change, you should wait for the announced releases.". IS IT NORMAL TO HAVE A YS 3.5 (in March) that is not the YS 3.5 (for April or june) ?

And i say, you need at least release a news on the forum for update and script change like used by professional company and others pro. developpers (Just see all script in CODECANYON)

You must think that major Yetishare script buyers don't use the default theme with YS, they even created a FORK version to optimize hidden or personnal small bug (as me with majors plugins). And if you are in the place of your consumer, you will realise that it's very hard to update your such theme and functionnality without to know the files changed or modified.

My request in one sentence : "Keep users informed for all modification and update for the current versions with organization (subversion 3.5.X)"

Regards,
Maverick

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
Hi all,

There's a beta out today which fixes a lot of the issues from the 3.5 release. It's available via your download area on yetishare.com. Yes we've called it 3.5.1. :)

There's not a lot of changed files, see the diff file in 'offline'. There's some sql you do need to run though, see the patch file. If you've got plugins you'll need to also update them.

Let me know if you spot any issues and we'll fix before releasing it into final.

Thanks,
Adam.