Sitemap Generator

cashnexus3228

YetiShare User
Nov 16, 2013
Hello Developers,

nobody argues that proper indexing by search engines is very powerful factor for better promotion and sales/downloads.

But there are no a dynamically generated sitemap.php in Yeti FHS what gives the list of all available files (their download pages)
By the way - if file has a description on download page (this feature already requested) - then it's an additional factor for crawlers to index the pages on a FHS - so more visitors will come.

I guess not every FHS script owner is interested in open indexing (it depends on site specific and specific files offering for download)
BUT this can be solved GLOBALLY on admin level - enable/disable Sitemap.

Or/And, also, it can be solved on the level of every file - where fileowner (and admin on backend) could set the same - enable/disable this file for Sitemap (and according open index).
This case a part of files can be closed for sitemap and open indexing - but another part opened for sitemap and indexing.
It looks like a flexible solution.

Everybody needs traffic, it's an axiom.
I suppose that file description + sitemap could seriously improves that.

Best regards
Serge

info2862

YetiShare User
Aug 9, 2013
There is already an RSS script out there: http://www.yetisharemods.com/forum/19-free-modifications/

I think it would also be awesome if content of PDF/docx files would get indexed. In other words give search engine crawlers access to the pdf file, but as soon as somebody clicks the link they are on the landing page where they have to wait to download the file.

Sorry for hijacking your thread!