Files wont upload to direct file server

sukhman21

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jan 26, 2015
Hello there,

I only had 1 storage server (local) and its almost 50% full so i added another direct storage.
Its all configured and i ran the test and everything shows fine

Code:
Testing file server... (direct file server)
- Testing that server and path is available http://$$$$$.******.com/... Successfully found server.
- Checking connectivity to the site database from the file server... Database ok.
- Testing mod rewrite and .htaccess file... Mod Rewrite & .htaccess ok.
- Setting up server paths in database... Found server information and updated local data.
- No errors found using file server $$$$$.******.com.
The uploads dont work though. i am able to use local storage but not this new direct file server. I checked the permissions and even tried 777 permissions but still nogo.

Any ideas??

sukhman21

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jan 26, 2015
Thanks for your reply,

yes i did changed it and tried uploading to the new direct server but i get this error message
Code:
ERROR: There was a server problem when attempting the upload, please try again later.
There is nothing in the error logs so cant troubleshoot it. nothing in the server logs either.

sukhman21

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jan 26, 2015
Any ideas guys? Any logging software or script that i can use to find what exactly is going on?? I tried adding the same server as FTP and it wont even connect to it. I have completely disabled the firewall and everything.

I know my new direct server is working because when i type that address in the browser, i get the main website and its able to connect to the main server database as well..

Can someone help pls or point me to how can i troubleshoot further.. Like i said, there is nothing in any error logs..

sukhman21

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jan 26, 2015
This is still outstanding, can someone help pls.

i still get this error on my remote direct storage
Code:
ERROR: There was a server problem when attempting the upload, please try again later.
i have disabled firewall completely on remote storage, 777 file permissions on files/ folder. When i type my remote URL, the website opens up fine, i run the remote storage test through admin panel, no issues, test shows successful but doesnt work.

I added the same server as FTP server and it connects and authenticates fine but i get this error
Code:
Attempting test upload to: public_html/files/... Could not upload a file to public_html/files/!
and it creates this blank txt file on my remote storage server
_yetishare_test_1436805934.txt 0 bytes

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just don't want to run out of space due to not being able to add extra servers.....

Reactions: Auwal

Auwal

Jan 4, 2024
This is still outstanding, can someone help pls.

i still get this error on my remote direct storage
Code:
i have disabled firewall completely on remote storage, 777 file permissions on files/ folder. When i type my remote URL, the website opens up fine, i run the remote storage test through admin panel, no issues, test shows successful but doesnt work.

I added the same server as FTP server and it connects and authenticates fine but i get this error
Code:
Attempting test upload to: public_html/files/... Could not upload a file to public_html/files/!
and it creates this blank txt file on my remote storage server
_yetishare_test_1436805934.txt 0 bytes

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just don't want to run out of space due to not being able to add extra servers.....
have you solve the issue ?