Error : Database Table Sessions - YS Challenge

mastern

YetiShare User
Apr 24, 2013
Hi Adam, (file attached)

The sessions table for 4 days gets 15 GB in size. That's insane :D .
The site goes offline as the Sessions Table data use too too too much spaces.

are all informations in each "Data" row really necessary for all visitors ?

What happened if i block the script saving informations in "Data" sessions ?
I see that there is a /task/auto_prune.cron.

Regards,

Attachments

paypal1352

YetiShare User
Wurlie User
Mar 2, 2012
i'm not sure what would happen if you block the script from saving information in data sessions, it'll either break something or keep doing requests so you may slow down your site, the temporary solution for now is in the link that enricodias4654 posted above and the good news is that Adam said that this would be resolved in v4.3

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
Hi all,

This is indeed resolved in v4.3. The plugin & theme config cache has been moved elsewhere so it's not set in the session for every entry. In our dev server we've gone from around 65k in each session record down to around 1k. We've also reduced the clean up time for sessions in the auto_prune cron from 14 days to 1 day. Both these should really help.

v4.3 beta is available to download now via your yetishare.com login. I'm just creating a blog post with more information so checkout https://mfscripts.com/blog.html in about an hour.

Thanks,
Adam.

enricodias4654

YetiShare User
Jan 13, 2015
adam said:
Hi all,

This is indeed resolved in v4.3. The plugin & theme config cache has been moved elsewhere so it's not set in the session for every entry. In our dev server we've gone from around 65k in each session record down to around 1k. We've also reduced the clean up time for sessions in the auto_prune cron from 14 days to 1 day. Both these should really help.

v4.3 beta is available to download now via your yetishare.com login. I'm just creating a blog post with more information so checkout https://mfscripts.com/blog.html in about an hour.

Thanks,
Adam.
So instead of fixing the issue of useless data being written in the session you just prevented the creation of sessions for most visitors and decreased the session lifetime?

enricodias4654

YetiShare User
Jan 13, 2015
Forget my last post, I just read in the blog today: "Reduced the amount of data stored in each session from (up to) 65k to just over 1k."

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
No problem I was just going to explain it further then saw your update. The stuff in the sessions that was taking up room was the plugin & theme 'cache'. It's been moved into a separate cache in just one place, instead of every single user session. So it should be a lot more efficient now.

Regards,
Adam.

mastern

YetiShare User
Apr 24, 2013
Thanks for the info and the helps guys.
Thanks Adam for the v4.3 Beta.