Translations on 4.3

enricodias4654

YetiShare User
Jan 13, 2015
I was going to post this in the bug tracked topic, but it was closed.

So, I don't have the 4.3 but I just saw the translations on https://yetishare.com/yetishare_translations.html and they appear to be really bad. I guess they were generated using google translator.

I read some lines of the portuguese translation and found many errors. There is a flag from portugal suggesting it would be portuguese from portugal but it is a mix of brazilian portuguese and portugal portuguese. There are some huge mistakes such as translating "date" to "encontro" which is means date, but like having a date with someone and not the calendar date. This date translation mistake seems to be wrong only in portuguese. I checked italian, german and russian and they are ok.

Automatic translation from english is really bad. English is quite simple comparing to other languages and you will get many silly mistakes with genders and etc. I'm just posting this to warn you guys about this. I recommend paying a few bucks to someone native to review the translations.

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
Yes they're only as a starting point. The hope is to start with these and correct any issues over time. There's over 2000 text items in the translations so starting here is better than nowhere.

Any specific feedback on incorrect text items is welcome and we'll update them.

sukhman21

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jan 26, 2015
whoever knows whatever language, lets work together and correct any errors and we'll be good..

crysiscat

YetiShare User
Jan 1, 1970
I'm almost done with the correction of the German Translation. I will post it here in the following week.