Reseller Plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

neil3834

YetiShare User
Apr 10, 2014
YSMods, wow, great site!
I'm really impressed with your modules and modifications! :)

I don't quite understand the point of having the two search modules (one without categories), but will be in contact with you to buy a few of them. :)

Well done!

ysmods

Jan 29, 2013
UK
www.ysmods.com
Thanks Neil.

The idea behind the 2 plugins is where site owners can have the choice whether to allow users to search all files, or allow the option to search by file type.

File types can be added/remove by editing one of the files.

eg:
Code:
$books = array('epub', 'pdf', 'mobi', 'pub', 'epub');

neil3834

YetiShare User
Apr 10, 2014
Thanks for replying :)
So it's just a simple array? I actually created a comment in a thread regarding Allowed File Types, where instead if entering 101 extensions, instead it has groups for multimedia, graphics, audio, documents, etc. :)

These are then easily enabled and disabled, making the script more attractive to others well (to buy).

Great minds think alike! ;)

It is a shame there is no way to get a trial like other platforms offer with Yetishare modules.
Are you not able to perhaps encrypt the files and have them expire in 5 - 7 days?

Ahhh.. I believe the ionCube online encoder can encrypt, and if you do not elect to use any of your credits, it sets them to expire in 24 hr from creation.

Please let me know your thoughts. I'm happy to try them out over a 12+ hour period and then purchase those found be useful/beneficial.

Have a great day,
Neil3834 (not to be confused with the other 3000 Neil's)

ysmods

Jan 29, 2013
UK
www.ysmods.com
The problem with ioncube is that it can easily be reversed. (I know as I have downloaded and tested the program that does it).
And even if it was not reversible, the ioncube program costs a minimum of £185 for the version that includes the time expiring licenses. And even then, I would have to manually encode each trial and send it to whoever requested the trial copy.
I know that ioncube has an online encoder, however, it does not have the time expiring features.

Another way is to use license keys, these can be set to expire at a certain time, but by adding the extra code, and the encoding of the files will increase the cost of the plugins.

The final solution is to have a demo site where anyone can go and see and test (to a certain extent as the script is in demo mode) the plugins in full working order before purchasing.

The demo site: http://demo.ysmods.com

neil3834

YetiShare User
Apr 10, 2014
Hey Ysmods! :)
Yes I was referring to the online version. Register and login. Then simply encode a file and choose free (instead of credits from your 0 balance).
The file or zip (files and folders) output are good for 24 hours! :)

It was just a suggestion, as being able to change the settings and so forth tells one a lot more than viewing screenshots or a front-end trial.

Oh, you have a demo site? That is fantastic!
So does the DB reset every X minutes, or the MySQL username does not have create, modify or delete permissions?

Thank you! :D

neil3834

YetiShare User
Apr 10, 2014
ysmods said:
It drives me crazy how everything is forced to be lower case in Yetishare. I wish scripts didn't fiddle and change things. Makes life very difficult! :p

Ok so the Link Checker. Exactly what does it support? I don't see a list of supported domain names on the page. I just go told a file on our online OneDrive was dead.

Hmmm the "Search" doesn't appear to work, as when submitted takes me back to the index with the lightbox windows saying Welcometo the Ysmods demo... Does it search my uploaded files or everyone's files? Or do people have to set their files as searchable / public, in order for the search to pick them up?

I like the idea of filters. But what extensions exactly are considered to be games? Or is this something where files must be manually tagged?

News feed is very basic. I was expecting it to have an archive or old news (previous month or > 5 posts old). Does it use a rich text / tinymce-like editor, so you can add formatting to text? e.g. Indent, Bold, Colour, Sizes, Fonts, Bullets, Quotes, Code Snippets, Captions, etc??
The news module has not added itself to the footer links automatically either.

This is a bit of a shame. The only module that works is the News module, that simply shows a text page. Nothing more. The link checker doesn't appear to check anything except direct links to files. Although it reported this link as dead too "http://www.mfscripts.com/images/website_logo.png"

I hope the Reseller module is more functional and works correctly.
Thanks.

ysmods

Jan 29, 2013
UK
www.ysmods.com
neil3834 said:
ysmods said:
It drives me crazy how everything is forced to be lower case in Yetishare. I wish scripts didn't fiddle and change things. Makes life very difficult! :p

Ok so the Link Checker. Exactly what does it support? I don't see a list of supported domain names on the page. I just go told a file on our online OneDrive was dead.
Link checker only checks links on the same site (ie: demo.ysmods.com) it will not check other sites, it is the same for 99% of other site's link checkers, they only check links on their site, not other sites.

neil3834 said:
Hmmm the "Search" doesn't appear to work, as when submitted takes me back to the index with the lightbox windows saying Welcometo the Ysmods demo... Does it search my uploaded files or everyone's files? Or do people have to set their files as searchable / public, in order for the search to pick them up?
I'll look into the problem.
It can search either your own files or all uploaded files depending on the setting in the plugin settings

I like the idea of filters. But what extensions exactly are considered to be games? Or is this something where files must be manually tagged?

neil3834 said:
News feed is very basic. I was expecting it to have an archive or old news (previous month or > 5 posts old). Does it use a rich text / tinymce-like editor, so you can add formatting to text? e.g. Indent, Bold, Colour, Sizes, Fonts, Bullets, Quotes, Code Snippets, Captions, etc??
The news module has not added itself to the footer links automatically either.
The archiving feature may come at a later date.
Yes it has Tinymce RTE (http://www.ysmods.com/news-feed-top-files-plugin-screenshots.html).

No way of adding the news module to the footer links as it is within a tab on the homepage, there is no direct link to the news tab

neil3834 said:
This is a bit of a shame. The only module that works is the News module, that simply shows a text page. Nothing more. The link checker doesn't appear to check anything except direct links to files. Although it reported this link as dead too "http://www.mfscripts.com/images/website_logo.png"

I hope the Reseller module is more functional and works correctly.
Thanks.
If you don't like them, don't buy them.
If you can do better, write your own plugins.

I have numerous happy customers who have said otherwise.

neil3834

YetiShare User
Apr 10, 2014
HEY!

I was giving you feedback that the modules don't even work!
They redirect you back to the home page!

If you can't take feedback, then you won't want to hear from us after purchasing!

Clearly rather than being proactive and resolving issues, you'd rather have potential customers experience problems with your site....

ysmods

Jan 29, 2013
UK
www.ysmods.com
ysmods said:
neil3834 said:
I'll look into the problem.
I did reply saying that I would look into the problem, but you obviously missed that.

Topic closed as it's gone too far off the original topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.