Mediaplayer Plugin - user experience has to be improved

shopping1782

YetiShare User
Wurlie User
Reservo User
Sep 12, 2012
Hi,
I seriously considered MediaPlayer Plugin unfortunately the experience is no way near what YouTube or Vimeo has to offer.
Probably the worst thing was that the full screen wasn't really full screen and when I switched to this "sort of full screen" I was absolutely unable to return back to non full screen mode. I also did not figure out how to revind the movie...
After some time I was able to work it through though when I did some testing with a non-techie user he almost threw his computer out of window out of frustration.
Tested browsers: Firefox 18, Opera 12, Chrome (latest)

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
Hi all,

We've updated the media plugin today so that the full screen still shows the controls at the bottom. It can also be exited now by clicking the control button at the bottom or pressing escape.

The full screen size restriction is a html5 limitation unfortunately. New browsers will support 'true' full screen so it should show better as these get more established. We could do it in Flash like Youtube but that's being phased out and has limited support aswell.

You can see the demo here: http://fhscript.com/72a

Thanks,
Adam.

shopping1782

YetiShare User
Wurlie User
Reservo User
Sep 12, 2012
I also noticed that when IE is used the video is superzoomed and if you right click it (inside the video) and do "save as" it will download the video at full speed without any restrictions :(.

Btw. this download trick also works with Opera and (if I remember correctly) with Chrome. But does not with Firefox.

luckylutz

YetiShare User
Aug 30, 2012
Schwitzerland
www.hoodload.com
as it actually is when a video consists of 10 files? (ex. 10x 200MB) is there a possibility that the plugin automatically detects that this movie another 9 files belong? based on the file name? or somthing?

shopping1782

YetiShare User
Wurlie User
Reservo User
Sep 12, 2012
luckylutz said:
as it actually is when a video consists of 10 files? (ex. 10x 200MB) is there a possibility that the plugin automatically detects that this movie another 9 files belong? based on the file name? or somthing?
I don't think that it's likely but it would be definately a neat feature how to overcome the 2GB limit.