Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
Last edited:

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
I've had a few questions about where the beta can be downloaded. It's only via yetishare.com after you login, like below:

vanzi

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Oct 19, 2019
well, beta version loaded.I am starting the first tests and I immediately realized that from the previous version to this one the service email function and the possibility to notify users of the removal of the files have not been implanted.the simple mailing list is not effective if a service communication is to be sent to users for any extraordinary maintenance or some temporary disservice.

I installed the default plugins in the beta and at the time of installation the site reported me to a 404 error page instead of the plugin setup page. I had to go back to manage plugin to access the configuration

Regards.

Reactions: adam

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
from the previous version to this one the service email function and the possibility to notify users of the removal of the files have not been implanted
On which page is this in the admin area, I'm not sure I understand the function you're referring to?

the simple mailing list is not effective if a service communication is to be sent to users for any extraordinary maintenance or some temporary disservice
I agree, although this isn't in the current version either. I'll add this to the RFCs for the next release.

I installed the default plugins in the beta and at the time of installation the site reported me to a 404 error page instead of the plugin setup page. I had to go back to manage plugin to access the configuration
Thanks for this feedback. I think this is routing cache related so I'll clear this cache after any plugin install.

vanzi

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Oct 19, 2019
On which page is this in the admin area, I'm not sure I understand the function you're referring to?
yetishsare has always lacked an effective email service to send notifications or messages to its users. I am referring for example to the possibility of sending a message to the user, when a file is removed for dmca violation, or for inappropriate content. the possibility of automatically replying to those who report a violation of the DMCA, the successful elimination or refusal (with attached motivation)

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
Thanks for the additional info. There is an automated email on acceptance of a DMCA report, but none on a decline at the moment. I'll add something to the RFCs so it's captured.

vanzi

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Oct 19, 2019
Thanks for the additional info. There is an automated email on acceptance of a DMCA report, but none on a decline at the moment. I'll add something to the RFCs so it's captured.
I did some DMCA file report tests, but I don't see any button to send email on the confirmation that the file was deleted. Does this send happen automatically in the background in response to the sender of the report? because I entered my email but no notification arrived.
The only email that arrives is the one that notifies me when a DMCA report occurs

Another thing, I don't know if the code structure allows it, but it would have been interesting to have the possibility of being able to set up a simultaneous upload of multiple files as happens in other file sharing sites. I seem to remember that many users have requested this option in the past.

anyway, a great job, congratulations, considering that my server is under plesk and not cpanel. the beta version is working fine. if I find other strange things that don't work I write them right away.

Regards

Last edited:

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
I did some DMCA file report tests, but I don't see any button to send email on the confirmation that the file was deleted. Does this send happen automatically in the background in response to the sender of the report? because I entered my email but no notification arrived.
The only email that arrives is the one that notifies me when a DMCA report occurs
Yes it happens automatically to the email that reporting it. I'll see if I can add a checkbox to to make it optional/clearer.

Another thing, I don't know if the code structure allows it, but it would have been interesting to have the possibility of being able to set up a simultaneous upload of multiple files as happens in other file sharing sites. I seem to remember that many users have requested this option in the past.
It's available, although I disabled it for now encase of server resource hogging. Maybe I'll make it an option in the site config. If you want to enable it for testing, in:

Code:
"\themes\spirit\views\account\partial\_uploader_javascript.html.twig"
Find:
Code:
sequentialUploads: true,
Change to:
Code:
sequentialUploads: false,
Purge the application cache after any changes (via the admin area), or delete the /cache/Twig folder.

anyway, a great job, congratulations, considering that my server is under plesk and not cpanel. the beta version is working fine. if I find other strange things that don't work I write them right away.
Really appreciate the feedback :)

vanzi

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Oct 19, 2019
in the user control panel, in my files, it is not possible to multi-select files with the mouse to make a removal or multiple movement with drag and drop in the folders. either you use the "select all" function or you can move or delete only one file at a time. if I select all the items, I cannot deselect them. test performed with Chrome and Firefox.

https://gyazo.com/810a06d8274b43a11cbf7e089f59f5e8 WOOOWW Amazing

It's available, although I disabled it for now encase of server resource hogging. Maybe I'll make it an option in the site config. If you want to enable it for testing, in:
is it possible to set how many simultaneous uploads to do?

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
Hi all,

Quick update on progress... I've completed migration of the plugins below to v5, so these will be available in beta next week. There's 3 plugins left to complete before final release, hopefully in 7 days.

Archive Manager
BitPay
Byteseller
FTP Upload
GeoUpload
Image Viewer
Media Converter
Media Player
S3 Storage
Vouchers
Wasabi Storage
Webdav

I'll update here when these beta versions are available to download via your account.

Back to it!

Reactions: rhf1900 and dan09

vanzi

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Oct 19, 2019
hi Adam, are there any new players in the media player plugin?

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
hi Adam, are there any new players in the media player plugin?
There is indeed. The Media Player plugin has actually been merged into the core script and the player replaced with this one:

Reactions: vanzi

vanzi

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Oct 19, 2019
so the other video players are gone? such as the new jwplayer 8, or as some have asked in the past for fluidplayer?

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
so the other video players are gone? such as the new jwplayer 8, or as some have asked in the past for fluidplayer?
Yes they're no longer available. I looked jwplayer8 but it requires a commercial license for each site (like jwplayer 7) so not really viable. Ultimate Video Player also has loads of support for video ads, which will be coming in the script at some stage.

Reactions: vanzi

rhf1900

Oct 12, 2020
hi adam
thanks for your efforts.
yetishare is excellent and the best .
but i have a question.
why we cant use google drive as an option for storage???
direct upload to drive would be awesome.
i think this is really really useful .

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
hi adam
thanks for your efforts.
yetishare is excellent and the best .
but i have a question.
why we cant use google drive as an option for storage???
direct upload to drive would be awesome.
i think this is really really useful .
Google Drive has some limitations that make using the api difficult, esp with larger files.

You also can not integrate directly with any storage point, the script doesn't work like that. Everything is uploaded through the script for security, preview and de-duplication purposes.

Reactions: rhf1900

rhf1900

Oct 12, 2020
Google Drive has some limitations that make using the api difficult, esp with larger files.

You also can not integrate directly with any storage point, the script doesn't work like that. Everything is uploaded through the script for security, preview and de-duplication purposes.
yeah you are right
thx for your respond

Status
Not open for further replies.