Recommend Hosting Providers - Who do you use?

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
Hi all,

One of the questions I get asked more and more is 'which hosting company is best for YetiShare'?

Who does everyone else use? I'd like to get a good list of hosts which support file hosting sites and where they're located.

Thanks,
Adam.

NOTE: Please only post well established web hosts. Anyone posting their own hosting company without first contact us will have their post removed.

ysmods

Jan 29, 2013
UK
www.ysmods.com
Popular ones seems to be

OVH.com (France/USA/Canada)
Hetzner.de (Germany)
Webfusion aka HostEurope (Germany/UK)
Leaseweb.nl (USA/Germany/Netherlands)

robertdcbrown3292

YetiShare User
Dec 3, 2013
Been using dreamhost.com since early 2000's and won't go back to anything else. I love it.

I have also tried hostgator and godaddy recently. terrible.

(all in us)

dfdssfsfd3806

YetiShare User
Apr 4, 2014
evoluso.com good host does not listen at all dcma no power strip offshore server bandwidth 1GB/S

nkchokshi

YetiShare User
Aug 26, 2013
I am with Shinehost.net, They are DMCA ignore, have multiple locations, and support is awesome. I am having their France, and Luxembourg servers.

ollie

YetiShare User
Apr 25, 2013
United Kingdom
nkchokshi said:
I am with Shinehost.net, They are DMCA ignore, have multiple locations, and support is awesome. I am having their France, and Luxembourg servers.
Mate don't bother they are resellers that charge you more, luxembourg servers are root.lu, france servers are online.net

coffee

Jul 23, 2014
paypal3515 said:
http://www.server4you.com
They also ignore DMCA as soon as you answer them.
Check the port speed. They offer extremely low speeds. If you have a couple people trying to use it at the same time, the speed will suffer a lot. They do not allow upgrades to this either.

nkchokshi

YetiShare User
Aug 26, 2013
thefilebay said:
nkchokshi said:
Mate don't bother they are resellers that charge you more, luxembourg servers are root.lu, france servers are online.net
I have used Root.lu, their another reseller is Evoluso. Now the what i found is, Shinehost and Evoluso both got 1gbps, plans, while Root.lu gives 100mbps once. If you want 1gbps, they charge about 60 eur. And when i compared Shinehost and Evoluso's price, shinehost offered me cheaper price then evoluso. And yes thats 1gbps.

France location i know they are reseller of Online.net, but i choose them because of english support. I saw you are using direct online.net.

I am happy with shinehost, so just shared. never had any issues.

parham4229

Sep 3, 2014
Are you looking for some where to host the core of the system or are you looking for file server?

For core you can get a small vps, I recommend wable.com (US location) or server4you VPS

For the file server it would depend on your site, how much bandwidth do you use?

dfdssfsfd3806

YetiShare User
Apr 4, 2014
a vps ben better not be busy then lol I'm going to root.lu and I took a packet of flow not ask for unlimited and I pay nothing more for 25 TB / month that its hard to reach

regioserver

YetiShare User
Wurlie User
Oct 18, 2014
Mexico
Iam using Hostgator
I would request increase memory to avoid errors, if the support goes bad, i going to move to another!

But iam planning to try Online.net or Dreamhost + Amazon S3

What is your Suggestion?

regioserver

YetiShare User
Wurlie User
Oct 18, 2014
Mexico
What do you think about VPS Dreamhost vs Online.net

Dreamhost
300mb Ram - $15 /Mo
They say that is not limit on Storage and Bandwith, but in their policy is: What’s not allowed in "Unlimited"?
Answer: File upload / sharing / archive / backup / mirroring / distribution sites

Online.net
2gb Ram - 500gb HD - 5.99Eu/Mo, Unmetered Bandwith

What could be your recomendation?