Cron Tasks help on Rackspace

admin5981

Reservo User
Jun 8, 2016
Hi,

I've just purchased Reservo with Rewards Plugin for my site, I am just uploading data via ftp and reading the docs along side. My site is on Rackspace Cloud sites and i need help with setting up the Cron Tasks

in the documentation it says the following
Type crontab -e in your linux command line.
Type in the following:
0 0 * * * php /path/to/your/install/admin/tasks/auto_prune.cron.php >> /dev/null 2>&1
0 0 * * * php /path/to/your/install/admin/tasks/create_internal_notifications.cron.php >> /dev/null 2>&1
0 * * * * php /path/to/your/install/admin/tasks/delete_redundant_files.cron.php >> /dev/null 2>&1
0 0 * * * php /path/to/your/install/admin/tasks/downgrade_accounts.cron.php >> /dev/null 2>&1
*/5 * * * * php /path/to/your/install/admin/tasks/process_file_queue.cron.php >> /dev/null 2>&1
0 1 * * * php /path/to/your/install/admin/tasks/create_email_notifications.cron.php >> /dev/null 2>&1
Save
crontab -l should now list the cron process
If you do not have access to the command line you might have access to the web hosting control panel that should allow this. Otherwise talk with your webhost.
I got in contact with my rackspace support & ask them to help me setup and the representative said this is first time he has seen such a cron task and would not be able to help me configure it on the site and gave me a link for an example on how it works on rackspace: https://support.rackspace.com/how-to/how-do-i-schedule-a-cron-job-for-cloud-sites/

This is how it looks in my add new cron task list can you anyone help me set this up?

Attachments

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
I'd be very worried if your webhost doesn't recognise a crontask! The process we provide is standard for anyone familiar with Linux.

Anyway, for their interface just manually copy them in:

Script language: php
Script to run: admin/tasks/auto_prune.cron.php
For the times, copy and paste the 5 characters into this url - http://crontab.guru/ and it'll tell you the real frequency. i.e:

"0 0 * * *" = "At 00:00 every day"

Repeat the above for each of the 6 crontab lines.