Every time that plugin run my entire backup folder is upload

diegobrito2909

Aug 19, 2013
Hi,

The plugin works, but I have a problem. Every time that plugin run my entire backup folder is uploaded to Amazon S3. However, I don't want to transfer backups which already are on Amazon S3 so the plugin is doing an unnecessary effort. Is it possible just transfer the most recent folder to Amazon S3? I'm using backup retention of 3 copies.

OBS: I'm using the new backup system on WHM. So, my backup folder structure is:

- Backup
- 2013-08-21
- 2013-08-23
- 2013-08-25
- 2013-08-27

Thanks,

oliver3026

Sep 23, 2013
Re: Every time that plugin run my entire backup folder is up

Hi,

I have a similar problem.

I have whm backup backing up 7 daily copies and 2x monthlies to a local folder /backup and I can see via ssh that the folder is correctly retaining 7 copies and the 2x monthlies. I can also see that the last modified date of the monthly backup from 01st Oct are all 01st Oct.

However, when I view my s3 account. The last modified date is constantly changing every 24hrs. Why does this happen. I only want to transfer this data once. There have been no changes to this folder therefore there should not be an updated backup right?

In addition to this, daily backups older than 7 days remain in my s3 backup account. It is not therefore syncing.

Even more important for me is that I want to only retain 7 backups in s3 and then migrate the monthlies to glacier after 1 day using lifecycle. However, i cannot move all of the monthly backups to glacier as the last modified date keeps changing.

Can somebody help out here?

Attachments

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009

diegobrito2909 said:
Hi,

The plugin works, but I have a problem. Every time that plugin run my entire backup folder is uploaded to Amazon S3. However, I don't want to transfer backups which already are on Amazon S3 so the plugin is doing an unnecessary effort. Is it possible just transfer the most recent folder to Amazon S3? I'm using backup retention of 3 copies.

OBS: I'm using the new backup system on WHM. So, my backup folder structure is:

- Backup
- 2013-08-21
- 2013-08-23
- 2013-08-25
- 2013-08-27

Thanks,
This is coming in the next release due in a few weeks. You'll basically be able to use dynamic backup paths within the plugin which can be structured to look for the date format above.

oliver3026

Sep 23, 2013

Hi,

A few weeks has passed. Any news on when this fix will be released?

Keen to get this wrapped up. Thanks

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009

Hi,

It was released on the 5th. Log into your account on s3backupwhm.com to download the latest release.

http://s3backupwhm.com/release_history.html

Regards,
Adam.

oliver3026

Sep 23, 2013

Hi Adam,

When i access this page there is no release history data ; http://s3backupwhm.com/release_history.html

I have attached a screenshot.

If I go to 'Your Downloads' and 'Download Now' will that download the latest version or the original version that I already have installed?

Attachments

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009

Hi,

That's strange, I see it fine.

I wonder if it's a browser issue. Which browser/OS are you using?

The download in your account will be the latest release.

Regards,
Adam.

Attachments

oliver3026

Sep 23, 2013

ff25 w7

i will use the download link for latest version

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009

Strange, I have exactly the same. Do you have any browser plugins which may be hiding it?