Deleted files secretly never deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommycharleon6602

Jun 9, 2017
If you delete a file in the Manage Files page using:

Manage Files > Bulk Action > Remove Files

File is NOT DELETED from server! I was able to find the deleted file still in the same place on the server, even though it has now disappeared from the Manage Files page. It also still remains in the database.

This means that eventually all the space on the server will be used up by deleted files and there is no way to get rid of the files without deleting ONE BY ONE!

enricodias4654

YetiShare User
Jan 13, 2015
Check the permissions on your servers. The remove file action needs to move the file to the /files/_deleted folder, as well as creating a subfolder in /_deleted. The actual removal happens 24 after by a cron job. The php on your server needs write permissions to /files/ and all its contents.

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
I'm not seeing any issues with this on our dev or demo site. It may be specific to your file server configuration somehow. Please raise a ticket with details on how to reproduce the issue and I'll take a look. Please provide all access details I'll need to see it.

tommycharleon6602

Jun 9, 2017
It is DEFINITELY a problem with your script.

I installed it on a separate server as well trying to see if same issue occurred.

You are clearly not seeing the real problem because you didn't read my full description of this serious bug.

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
Did you raise a ticket as I mentioned above?

enricodias4654

YetiShare User
Jan 13, 2015
tommycharleon6602 said:
It is DEFINITELY a problem with your script.

I installed it on a separate server as well trying to see if same issue occurred.

You are clearly not seeing the real problem because you didn't read my full description of this serious bug.
It's definitely a problem with your setup, since you are the only one complaining about a basic feature like this in this forum. I have the script, I've seen the code and it works.

It have some flaws like I mentioned in other topics (like leaving files in the _tmp folder sometimes) but those are few exceptions.

enricodias4654

YetiShare User
Jan 13, 2015
tommycharleon6602 said:
It's DEFINITELY NOT a problem with my setup which is perfect
Ok then. Since your setup is perfect the script is working here with me and with many other users in this forum with pure magic.

I believe that customers like you with poor programing knowledge and leak of ability to recognize it don't worth the money. You bought the script and started posting dozens of complaints and most of them are silly. If I was Adam, I would just refund you.

The script works just like you see in the demo and if you can't make it work like the demo, the problem is on your end.

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
I'm locking this thread as it's of no benefit to keep it open. As I've mentioned above, please raise a support request if you want me to look into the issue directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.