Direct Remote Server Successful Upload but doesn't generte link for files bigger than 2GB

zigma4000

YetiShare User
Wurlie User
Jun 9, 2013
UAE
www.uploadman.com
Hi,

I have issue with uploading files over 2GB to Direct Remote File Server, it uploads completely without any errors and from file manager I can see the file in users panel but it doesn't generate link after upload and shows this error message :

ERROR: There was a server problem when attempting the upload, please try again later.

but file is uploaded and I can see it in user panel, I have already set limits much higher in PHP ini for file upload size and post max size, also increased maximum php execution time andfastcgi time out more than 300 it has been set to 600 on remote server and main server as well,

files up to 2GB are fine link will be generated but bigger files will shows fail message!

oh and about cloudflare I have tried with cloudflare disabled same issue so I believe it has nothing to do with cloudflare.

any idea what might cause thiis problem?

sukhman21

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jan 26, 2015
I am trying to upload a 188.91MB file and it is giving me the same issue. I uploaded a total of 5 files out of which 4 are uploading fine and this one wont. I made sure this file hash is not blocked and i have allowed to upload all file types on my website.
Not sure what is happening here... Never seen this until version 4.3 and this started after the upgrade to 4.4

Attached is the image of what i get:

I uploaded the same file using API and it worked fine.... so definitely something changed with the website uploader

jeybird966368

YetiShare User
Dec 29, 2016
same issue, but with files under 200MB or so.

This is very bad because most of the files my users upload are around this size.

Johnlemon

YetiShare User
Mar 3, 2017
sukhman21 said:
I am trying to upload a 188.91MB file and it is giving me the same issue. I uploaded a total of 5 files out of which 4 are uploading fine and this one wont. I made sure this file hash is not blocked and i have allowed to upload all file types on my website.
Not sure what is happening here... Never seen this until version 4.3 and this started after the upgrade to 4.4

Attached is the image of what i get:

I uploaded the same file using API and it worked fine.... so definitely something changed with the website uploader
SAME THING! I get it for files of 300MB and up. No errors, nothing.

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
Hi all,

I believe I've tracked this one down. On certain servers upload chunks (used with larger uploads) could be cleared before the entire upload has completed, it seemed to relate to file creation times which aren't always consistent.

It'll be patched into the next release but in the mean time you can fix it by using the attached file, to all servers. Upload this into:

/core/includes/

Any issues, feel free to contact us via the ticketing system.

Thanks,
Adam.

Attachments

sukhman21

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jan 26, 2015
Thankyou Adam for this file. Hopefully this will fix all the disappearing upoads.