YetiShare v4.3 Beta Bug Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
Hi all,

Please use this thread to post any issues you've spotted with the latest YetiShare v3.4 beta release. Full info on this release on our blog:

- https://mfscripts.com/blog/yetishare-v4.3-beta-available-php-7-support-ui-upgrades-advanced-folder-sharing-impersonate-user-adblocker-detection-improved-session-handling-and-much-more

Please don't post any sensitive information as this is a public forum.

Thanks,
Adam.

enricodias4654

YetiShare User
Jan 13, 2015
Unfortunately my support expired some time ago and I can't see the modifications in the source code. I have already coded almost all of those modifications on my own so it's not a good deal to renew the support in this moment.

I saw the new folder menu in the demo. Unfortunately the drag and drop still only works on the left menu and this was the most important thing to fix. Too bad that there aren't changes in the rewards plugin.

olegjordi5516

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Nov 3, 2015
Problem 1: When i go into a folder and click Duplicate File it processes and then I'm thrown back to the main overview and have again to go into the folder.

Problem 2: On the left site of the whole overview the right click doesn't work, it just shows the standart firefox or whatever options.

Problem 3: The selection of files with the "mouse drag" doesn't work in this area, it just marks the website and doesn't select any files.

Problem 4: When I scroll to the bottom of the site and then right click a file, the menu with the options appeares somewhere on the site.

And as said before it should be possible to drag & drop files into the folders in the main view and not just into the list on the left.

paypal1352

YetiShare User
Wurlie User
Mar 2, 2012
Right clicking on a folder will flash and itll autoclick on and open the upload popup, to get the right click option you have to right click and hold the button

Highlighting files sometimes doesnt work using mouse drag if sliding in from the right of the screen

I'm not sure if its just my computer by switching to listview and fullscreen and using the mouse to hover over files flashes a blue screen that hijacks the screen, reminiscent of the blue screen of death, happens in icon view if you move the mouse around over files

Right click on folder listing on the left doesnt work

Theres some sort of blank space under the footer in the upgrade page and a few other pages

All the above were observed on the fhscripts demo site running chrome on ubuntu

I love what you did with the file server options in the admin panel, now my media converter plugin will work easily on different servers, amazing work, Adam should replace David Cameron as the next PM of England !!

paypal1352

YetiShare User
Wurlie User
Mar 2, 2012
We need upgrade_file_diffs for the full release, that's definitely important as most of us have made tons of changes

skintzel5348

Jan 1, 1970
paypal1352 said:
We need upgrade_file_diffs for the full release, that's definitely important as most of us have made tons of changes
Agree!! Lost 2 hours of my life using beyond compare :) :)

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
paypal1352 said:
They'll be part of the final release.

Thanks for all the feedback so far, we'll be working over these next week when we're back in the office. :)

paypal1352

YetiShare User
Wurlie User
Mar 2, 2012
Not so much an issue but more of a question, it looks like every file server (direct) has to manage its own media conversion, is there no way to be able to have a media conversion server (this could be very inefficient, i'm no expert) in my experience so far with ffmpeg it almost looks like it needs to run on a cray supercomputer to be able to handle a lot of files, if every file server is doing conversions i'm not sure how much processing powers gonna be left for file downloads/uploads

enricodias4654

YetiShare User
Jan 13, 2015
paypal1352 said:
Not so much an issue but more of a question, it looks like every file server (direct) has to manage its own media conversion, is there no way to be able to have a media conversion server (this could be very inefficient, i'm no expert) in my experience so far with ffmpeg it almost looks like it needs to run on a cray supercomputer to be able to handle a lot of files, if every file server is doing conversions i'm not sure how much processing powers gonna be left for file downloads/uploads
Downloads and uploads doesn't need much cpu time, it is an I/O bound process (but the md5_file part is cpu bound). Media conversion is a CPU bound process and should not disturb the downloads and uploads. The best way is to use as many cpus as you can to convert media.

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
paypal1352 said:
No you can put the converters on any servers you want. So they can exist on their own dedicated servers away from the file storage if you want. The converter script will grab the file to be converted from the file server, convert it and transfer it back.

paypal1352

YetiShare User
Wurlie User
Mar 2, 2012
ok that makes sense, so in that case the Local Server Ip Address: in the file server details can be set to another ip where the converter is then

paypal1352

YetiShare User
Wurlie User
Mar 2, 2012
In account home in mobile view when the upload popup comes up, the view under it gains a small margin on the left, this was happening in 4.2 as well, so im not sure if you want this here or if it should be moved into the rfc's

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
support2551 said:
Plugins with v4.3 (beta) compatible with v4.2?

Regards
Yes they should be, apart from the media converter and archive plugin.

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
Thanks again for the feedback. I've just released a beta update which fixes most of these. It's also on the demo site.

Unfortunately the drag and drop still only works on the left menu and this was the most important thing to fix.
>>> This has been added to the latest beta release. So you can now drag files into the main folder icons. We still need to make folders themselves draggable, it didn't make it to this release unfortunately.

Problem 1: When i go into a folder and click Duplicate File it processes and then I'm thrown back to the main overview and have again to go into the folder.
>>> Fixed.

Problem 2: On the left site of the whole overview the right click doesn't work, it just shows the standart firefox or whatever options.
>>> Fixed.

Problem 3: The selection of files with the "mouse drag" doesn't work in this area, it just marks the website and doesn't select any files.
>>> Fixed.

Problem 4: When I scroll to the bottom of the site and then right click a file, the menu with the options appeares somewhere on the site.
>>> Fixed.

Right clicking on a folder will flash and itll autoclick on and open the upload popup, to get the right click option you have to right click and hold the button
>>> I couldn't replicate this but the drag and drop into folders above produced a similar issue with the file upload popup. I've fixed it so hopefully it also clears this.

I'm not sure if its just my computer by switching to listview and fullscreen and using the mouse to hover over files flashes a blue screen that hijacks the screen, reminiscent of the blue screen of death, happens in icon view if you move the mouse around over files
>>> I'm not seeing this one. If you can send a screenshot and if anyone else is seeing it we'll take a look.

Right click on folder listing on the left doesnt work
>>> This is working fine for me. Maybe you've still got some of the old demo site css/js cached. Can you try a ctrl+F5 to refresh it all.

Theres some sort of blank space under the footer in the upgrade page and a few other pages
>>> Also not seeing this one. It could relate to the above.

I love what you did with the file server options in the admin panel, now my media converter plugin will work easily on different servers, amazing work, Adam should replace David Cameron as the next PM of England !!
>>> Thanks I'm sure any one of us could do a better job as PM. :)

In account home in mobile view when the upload popup comes up, the view under it gains a small margin on the left
>>> Fixed.

paypal1352

YetiShare User
Wurlie User
Mar 2, 2012
The folder right click in the main view pops up and then auto clicks on the upload to.. and the upload popup comes up

In mobile view theres still a gap on the right side of the background that comes up when the uploader popup comes up

I cleared my cache, unless the changes that have been made aren't live on the demo site.

paypal1352

YetiShare User
Wurlie User
Mar 2, 2012
Is there anyway to fix the ctrl-a option for any popups within the account_home page, add folder, filter, uploads popups, basically any text field the ctrl-a option doesnt select the typed text and just selects the file underneath,

this isn't an issue with 4.3 beta only, it's also present in earlier versions

paypal1352

YetiShare User
Wurlie User
Mar 2, 2012
tried the social login plugin but get the error We successfully logged you into your social media account, however we could not find your email address to set you up on this site. Please contact support or try again later.

not sure if you just havent set up the developer settings for your demo site.

i'll be setting up the beta on a subdomain to test, when are you closing the beta version

simon

YetiShare User
Wurlie User
Reservo User
Jan 11, 2014
paypal1352 said:
tried the social login plugin but get the error We successfully logged you into your social media account, however we could not find your email address to set you up on this site. Please contact support or try again later.

not sure if you just havent set up the developer settings for your demo site.

i'll be setting up the beta on a subdomain to test, when are you closing the beta version
It depends on the feedback really but hopefully at the end of the week

paypal1352

YetiShare User
Wurlie User
Mar 2, 2012
thanks Simon,

I noticed in mobile view after navigating to the account settings page it auto scrolls down a bit and the page doesn't start off at the top. I'm not sure if that's a feature in mobile view so the user can see the form itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.