Set Default to 'Free' User? (Remove 'Non User' Option?)

osensnolf4142

YetiShare User
Jul 30, 2014
When I create a new account, it is assigning it to 'Non User'. Instead, I want it to be listed as a Free account.

I really do not need the 'Non User' account option.

Can I do this?

The people that will be using our website are submitting photos that will be considered for a wedding publication. We do not charge a fee to upload the photos.

Thank you.

sukhman21

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jan 26, 2015
if you click on "Account packages" in your admin panel, and then click settings for non-users, scroll all the way down and change "Package Type" to free user and that should do the trick..
You cant really remove non-users (i guess you could do it in database) but this should treat all non-users as free users

osensnolf4142

YetiShare User
Jul 30, 2014
I already have that in place. When I create a new account, it still shows "NON USER" when I log in.

If I only want to allow registered users to Upload, I need to turn off Uploads for "NON USER's" right? if I do, then my users are not able to upload their content.

Is it not easily possible to set it so that anytime someone registered an account that they are considered a Free user? If not, how do people register as a Free user?

Thanks

sukhman21

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jan 26, 2015
ahh i see, so if you go to your admin panel and then click on Account Packages option. Click on "free users" settings and scroll to the bottom and check what it says for "Package Type", it should be set to "free user" in there..

osensnolf4142

YetiShare User
Jul 30, 2014
Hi.

It is already set to Free in that option.

I may be asking the wrong Question.

What is a "free" user?
What is a "non-user"?

How do I set it so that anyone who signs up on my website is a Free user and is able to upload?

Currently, when someone signs up, they are assigned the profile of 'Non-User'. I have turned off Upload on Non-User's so that random people cannot upload stuff to my website without me knowing who it is (by them creating an account).

Thank you for your help.

sukhman21

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jan 26, 2015
Actually everyone who signs up is set as "free user" but i guess on your website, its set as "Non-user"

Its a glitch in your script so you can create a support ticket for mfscripts or i can help out but will need admin login to check it...

osensnolf4142

YetiShare User
Jul 30, 2014
Provide me your email and I'll send you the details as I will greatly appreciate your help. let me know what I owe you.

Thank you.

sukhman21

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jan 26, 2015
i am positive, you are having all these issues because you are using beta version. Check your PM