.exe files

theprogeekftw4717

Feb 3, 2015
Well, we all know what you're meaning by that.
The only way to stop it is allowing all file types except .exe or let people upload it and just ignore them.

iguanashare4743

YetiShare User
Feb 7, 2015
yes thats its the problem , there are thousands of file formats , so its a mess to add them all manually , is there a way just to block .exe without adding all extensions to the list . and its hard to ignore them , am getting around 200 .exe file spam every day from diff ips

theprogeekftw4717

Feb 3, 2015
Well, we get 1000s of them everyday and we cannot block them because there are legit .exe files like softwares etc..
But if you really need to do it, you'll have to edit the core files of the script to totally block it. I guess ysmods can help you with this.

iguanashare4743

YetiShare User
Feb 7, 2015
theprogeekftw4717 the problem with the .exe files am getting everyday that they are all 144kb in size so am sure its a spam coz all of them have the same size but diff names , hope ysmods can help in this .

ysmods

Jan 29, 2013
UK
www.ysmods.com
I'll need a couple of rows of the offending files from the database to be able to view the file type, file sizes (in bytes) to be able to do anything

ysmods

Jan 29, 2013
UK
www.ysmods.com
I have a working version which stops uploads of a particular filetype and between certain sizes (ie: will block if bigger than 143kb and smaller than 145kb, but will allow all other file types and sizes to upload).

ysmods

Jan 29, 2013
UK
www.ysmods.com
Only 4 lines of code lol

I just need a couple of rows from the DB so I can set the file sizes and file type so I can tell you how to do it

Just an example using putty.exe as a test file.

Home page upload

Account Home upload

ysmods

Jan 29, 2013
UK
www.ysmods.com
Download, backup and open /core/includes/uploader.class.php

Find:
Code:
if (!$fileUpload->error && $fileUpload->name)
{
	$fileUpload = $this->moveIntoStorage($fileUpload, $uploadedFile);
}
Add BEFORE
Code:
// Edit the 3 options in the line below within the single quotes '' to prevent file uploads
if($fileUpload->type == 'application/x-msdownload' && $fileUpload->size >= '454650' && $fileUpload->size <= '454660')
{
	$fileUpload->error = t('classuploader_kill_upload_error', 'The file you are uploading is not allowed to be uploaded to this site.');
}
$fileUpload->type == '' is the file mime type (not extension)
$fileUpload->size >= '' is the minimum file size in bytes that it checks.
$fileUpload->size <= '' is the maximum filesize in bytes that it checks.

ysmods

Jan 29, 2013
UK
www.ysmods.com
If you want to block multiple file mimetypes, you can do so by doing the following

Run this MySQL Query.
Code:
INSERT INTO site_config VALUES
(null, 'blocked_filetypes', '', 'The file mimetypes that are not allowed to be uploaded. (eg: image/jpeg will block all .jpg images). Separate items with a comma, without spaces.', '', 'string', 'File Uploads');
Open /core/includes/uploader.class.php
Find:
Code:
{
}
Add ABOVE (If the file is below the code above, the file will upload as normal).
Code:
$blocked = explode(',', preg_replace('/\s+/', '', SITE_CONFIG_BLOCKED_FILETYPES));
if(!empty($blocked))
{
	foreach($blocked as $filetypes)
	{
		if($fileUpload->type == $filetypes)
		{
			$fileUpload->error = t('classuploader_kill_upload_error', 'The file you are uploading is not allowed to be uploaded to this site.');
		}			
	}
}
Mimetypes can be found here: http://www.sitepoint.com/web-foundations/mime-types-complete-list/

iguanashare4743

YetiShare User
Feb 7, 2015
if u can give me the code please and tell me how to add it , let it be to block all .exe files that are less than 160kb Only.EXE

ysmods

Jan 29, 2013
UK
www.ysmods.com
Download, backup and open /core/includes/uploader.class.php

Find:
Code:
{
}
Add BEFORE
Code:
// Edit the 3 options in the line below within the single quotes '' to prevent file uploads
if($fileUpload->type == 'application/x-msdownload' && $fileUpload->size <= '160000')
{
}

ysmods

Jan 29, 2013
UK
www.ysmods.com
Your code is wrong because it works for me.

This code I can't see in the screenshot
Code:
{
}
It should be
Code:
$fileUpload->error = $this->hasError($uploadedFile, $fileUpload, $error);
if (!$fileUpload->error)
{
	if (strlen(trim($fileUpload->name)) == 0)
	{
		$fileUpload->error = t('classuploader_filename_not_found', 'Filename not found.');
	}
}
elseif ((intval($size) == 0) && ($this->options['fail_zero_bytes'] == true))
{
	$fileUpload->error = t('classuploader_file_received_has_zero_size', 'File received has zero size. This is likely an issue with the maximum permitted size within PHP');
}
elseif (intval($size) > $this->options['max_file_size'])
{
	$fileUpload->error = t('classuploader_file_received_larger_than_permitted', 'File received is larger than permitted. (max [[[MAX_FILESIZE]]])', array('MAX_FILESIZE' => coreFunctions::formatSize($this->options['max_file_size'])));
}

if($fileUpload->type == 'application/x-msdownload' && $fileUpload->size <= '160000')
{
}		

{
}

// no error, add success html
if ($fileUpload->error === null)
{
	$fileUpload->success_result_html = self::generateSuccessHtml($fileUpload);
}
else
{
	$fileUpload->error_result_html = self::generateErrorHtml($fileUpload);
}

The code I provided MUST go before
Code:
{
}

iguanashare4743

YetiShare User
Feb 7, 2015
ysmods please can u edit it for me , i tried it again but nothing , am getting over 200 .exe files with 133kb / 150kb every day and am sure its a virus files

my original file is // Mod edit to remove core file

can u edit it for me so i re-upload it to my server

ysmods

Jan 29, 2013
UK
www.ysmods.com
You wanted max of 150kb so I set it to 160kb

Change the 160000 to 170000 or 180000 on line 214 which will stop files smaller than 170kb or 180kb