Dec 5, 2009
Latest RFCs for fonts script. Feel free to add more below:

<del>- Edit font details.</del>
- Bulk upload.
<del>- RSS feeds for latest and most popular fonts.</del>

webiff847

Jun 26, 2010
Hi Admin,

Here is my suggesstion for next release.

1. Add Captcha Field in Download link as popup to avoid extra usage of bandwidht and highload on server resources.

<del>2. Use ZEND instead of obfuscation </del>

3. Comments Field should have Email field.

4. Captcha field in Contact form

<del>5. Should have a top downloaded fonts link so visitors can the TOP fonts download on website.</del>

6. It should have Designer Profiles/intro so we can know who is the creator of font.

REQUIRED IN ADMIN PANEL

<del>7. Allow the edit/change Password in ADMIN panel</del>

<del>8. Recheck the Ad Code Box to avoid convert HTML code. for example <a convert into < and so on.</del>

<del>9. Must have Edit/Delete Option</del>

Thats it for now..

I will update if your script has missing something.

Thanks

admin1209

Oct 31, 2011
<del>Ability to add categories to individual fonts after new categories have been created in admin panel. </del>

ability to use your own URL structure: custom SEfriendly URLS

more template options

documentation on php commands, where they originate in what file so they may be edited

sitemap.xml.gz creation

cache options, timers

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
<del>- Display adverts between fonts every x preview.</del>

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
- From the forum - Think there should be a way to add fonts through admin area. I have some fonts that don't have creator so I'm having to put unknown should be be way admin can by pass this feature.

<del>Also needs to be where admin can edit fonts.</del>

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
<del>- Add 'addthis' links to fonts pages.</del>

<del>Some fonts are ALL CAPS or all lower case and when the name uses characters from the other, it looks bad, usually with big blank squares. Allow us the option to display the font name in all upper case for cap/initial fonts or all lower case (usually for ding bats, as well as some lower case fonts).

Then there are fonts with numbers or punctuation in the name, and no such characters supported in the font, so allow us the option of supressing the non-alpha numeric characters (print a space, instead).

So, each font would have 3 checkboxes to force lower case or upper case or supress non-alpha characters.

I ask this because I am picky and I want the catalog to look nice.</del>

Allow us up to 3 links per font artist/studio so that we can link back to their profile/website/blog/studio. Have that load in with the font details (visit artist's website/profile/studio/blog).

I'd like to have more templates available to me and the user can select his/her preference. My archive only had blue, and I already have another couple of designs I'd like to try out.

The ability to refresh the cashed rendered image for specific fonts that didn't render right.

Ability to add a custom page using fields for page name, page title, page description, page keywords, and an rte like CK Editor or Tiny MCE or Yahoo RTE (or give us the choice of our preference) for the content. This will allow us to put up font install/making tutorials, Site News, extra resources, etc...

Sitemap would be a great thing, yes.

Allow site membership & an elevated status for authorized font artists/submitters to log in (automatic approval but admin still gets to deny the submission).

Allow custom text in font description for admin's notes.

Have a quick license overview (freeware for personal use / shareware for commercial use / freeware including commercial use / demo font (not complete).

Admin can note if a Mac version of the font is included.

LOL... that would be nice, but I think you are doing great, this is what I wanted for some time.

-Doug

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
Just a few things then @Doug. :)

We'll have a review of all of these at the next dev phase so your suggestions are appreciated.

Regards,
Adam.

LOL :grin:

Yup. Also, with the bulk upload, there are certain fonts that are supposed to be distributed together. So one archive should contain, say, 4 different versions of one font (regular, bold, italic, bold italic). They are freeware fonts and we are allowed to distribute them as long as we keep the archive (all versions of the fonts) intact. When we break them up, we breach that agreement, so the system should be able to dig out all 4 fonts (or however many there are) from 1 archive, create previews for each, group them together with a note on each details page that it is a part of the one archive (only one download necessary to get all the fonts).

BlueStone & Xeranthemum is another such example, two and different good freeware fonts but the author wants them distributed together.

Believe me, you are doing a great job. I thank you.

Just so I don't forget later down the road, when we approve a font for public download it would be great to have the app automatically post to our Facebook/Twitter (etc...) account with the new font name, its link and the categories it is in. ;)

Now, here's a really advanced request, this would be for something that costs a lot of money... integration with font forge to not only support opentype, but to manipulate the fonts through scripts, export other versions (that are supported by that particular install of fontforge, as each feature requires its supported libraries and proper configurations). This could go so far as to add graphic effects or HTML5 canvas effects to the preview images (suck as bevels or drop shadows).

Oh, OK, just wishful thinking, but I would drop more cash for opentype support, and more for one with scripted format conversions and the like. ;)

Just saying. :D Most of us would probably have to get our own dedicated linux server for such features, but I would love to try something like that.

burhanuddin1101327

Feb 15, 2012
When Some1 Add a New Font and Admin Approve that Font,
An Automatic Email should be Sent to that Email of the font saying " ur font has been Approved, thankyou"

Something like that or Make it Custom for admin to write anything he/she wants to send an auto email

also

when some1 add new font, a paypal email address should be there while submitting and a Donation button beside his Font so any1 can Donate to the author of the font

Thanks

burhanuddin1101327

Feb 15, 2012
<del>another issue is that,
when some1 upload a font, Admin doesnt know in which categories did he uploaded in, also admin cant change its category

my suggestion was that
1) Admin can able to change the categories before/after accepting the font
2) on the website, beside number of downloads, it should be written that in which this font is located in</del>

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
<del>- Fix error with double clicking user/edit password via admin.</del>

burhanuddin1101327

Feb 15, 2012
Thanks for the New Version

Have some Suggestions:
1) Register/Login field for people to register and upload font under his name

2) A mini Profile of registered Account where his Website link, paypal email address(for donation) Facebook page and twitter page are allowed ( add placement setting for Members profile page too)

3) Auto Generate sitemap.xml (keep updating its self)

4) A Page Numbering for Latest Fonts, example (Page no 1,2,3,4,5,6....and so on) so if i uploaded 100 Fonts in a single day, my visitors have an option to go back and download from where he left

5) IN new version u can add custom text for a specific font, thats a gr8 feature but when a visitor comes on to a website and want to custom preview his/her text then the custom text that Admin entered it dosent change
so add
a Small Check Box in inside Edit font in admin panel, if admin check this box then visitors Cant Change Custom preview of this specific font
Example:
Check this Box if you dont want visitors to change it with there own custom text preview of this Font ( or something like that )

6) A donation Button beside download of the Member who uploaded that font, and a paypal email address is entered in his/her profile

Thats all for now, Waitting for another Update, please keep updating monthly ;)

malle991726

Aug 23, 2012
Hi,
Here are some new features that I hope will be the next update.

New features in the Admin page:
1: Editing comments that users have posted.

2: Imports I have a black list of banned IP number.

3: Bad word list for comments, etc. ..

4: Importing new fonts, one font at a time, or a list of fonts.

5: Auto generate sitemap.xml

6: A Donation Button for web page (to apply to the entire website).

7: When a writer submit a font so he Should be Able to choose to have a donation button visible at the font.
This will link to his e-mail Paypal. Here it should be a choice in the admin so I (webmaster) can get a small commission on donations amount.

8: More template options and cache options, timers, etc.

Extras:
9: A function so that a user can enter a text and then create a log with slightly different effects. This would make the page more interesting for visitors ... or another similar function, all to get something extra ....

Thanks for a great script - I hope that some of these features in the next update :)

burhanuddin1101327

Feb 15, 2012
Another suggestion is
whoever uploads there font, they can add there own website link, and it should appear beside Font name as "site" and it should be hyperlinked

burhanuddin1101327

Feb 15, 2012
another change need is:
when we go to any category, the font is alphabetic wise so the latest font that has uploaded on that category doesn't appear, i want admin and Visitor should have an option to filter fonts in this category by
Latest uploaded
Alphabetic(a-z and z-a)
Top Rated
Most Downloads

note: these filer will do in the current category,

Admin should have an option to make Default Filter of each category