copy entire folder

tomaszladniak35584

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Hello,

Please add option to copy entire folder (including all files in it of course).

Several users already complains to me that they need this function.

Best Regards.

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
Hi,

There is limited support in browsers for folder upload however I will have a look to see if we can add it for the supported ones.

Thanks for your feedback,
Adam.

tomaszladniak35584

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Thanks for that.

As for upload to folder - some uploaders adding same content to few sites. However they want use unique links on every site. So they want add for example 10 files to "folder1" and than just copy this folder with all files in it to generate unique links.

Of course they can now upload same thing 10 times, but it's just wasting bandwidth.

enricodias4654

YetiShare User
Jan 13, 2015
tomaszladniak35584 said:
Thanks for that.

As for upload to folder - some uploaders adding same content to few sites. However they want use unique links on every site. So they want add for example 10 files to "folder1" and than just copy this folder with all files in it to generate unique links.

Of course they can now upload same thing 10 times, but it's just wasting bandwidth.
The script already has an option to copy files, they don't need to upload the same file again.

tomaszladniak35584

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Try use this function with over 300 files.

Every copy is made in same folder as original file = big mess.

enricodias4654

YetiShare User
Jan 13, 2015
tomaszladniak35584 said:
Try use this function with over 300 files.

Every copy is made in same folder as original file = big mess.
You can tweek your remote upload to accept files from your own site and simulate a download using the copy function.

tomaszladniak35584

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Of course i can play like that. But i believe that much better will be "proper solution".

Function to copy entire folder will be helpful for a lot for sure.

Admin, you should also reconsider adding option to copy files to ANOTHER folder.

So for example i want copy 10 files. After when i choose option "copy" you could add some window where i will be able to choose direction, where this new files should show up.

enricodias4654

YetiShare User
Jan 13, 2015
tomaszladniak35584 said:
Of course i can play like that. But i believe that much better will be "proper solution".

Function to copy entire folder will be helpful for a lot for sure.

Admin, you should also reconsider adding option to copy files to ANOTHER folder.

So for example i want copy 10 files. After when i choose option "copy" you could add some window where i will be able to choose direction, where this new files should show up.
Yes, copy folders will be useful but it's not trivial to do. To do that a function should copy the folder, every file inside the folder, every subfolder and every file inside the subfolders recursively. It must also check if the user has enough free space to copy everything.