Add Cache Plugin

mortahmed64099

YetiShare User
Jul 8, 2014
It will awesome if Yetishare had a plugin that will Cache the files so that it can load faster. Also a gzip option in the Cache plugin to reduce the file size.

enricodias4654

YetiShare User
Jan 13, 2015
Cache files where? The OS already uses the free ram to keep the most frequently accessed files.

gzip files for download will add a huge load on your server and on the visitors, and I'm not sure if all download managers can handle gzip. Most files are .zip, .rar, video and audio files that are already compressed.

mortahmed64099

YetiShare User
Jul 8, 2014
My site only host mp4 files. I have about 5k visitors a day and i host all of the files on a ftp server. Most of my user embed there videos to there site with all of the traffic coming in it slows down my site not my server but just the site am hosting yetishare on idk why but its happening when i disable downloads on the entire it the site is up and running fast again. So what am hoping is adam could create a plugin to cache ftp files so that they can played faster.

enricodias4654

YetiShare User
Jan 13, 2015
If you are using php to server download it may be a poorly designed code that uses 100% cpu. It happens on direct downloads, but I'm not sure if it also happens if you host files in an ftp server.