FTP Plugin Suggestions

rfhmendes

YetiShare User
Jul 14, 2015
Hi,

Suggestions to improve the FTP Plugin.

1. Check the size of the files currently being uploaded.

2. After 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 1 hour or whatever time the admin or user decides, it will check the size again to compare with the previous reading.

3. If the size is the same as before, it will add the files automatically to the account of the user.

4. (optional) it would be good for this functionality to be optional for each user. Don't know if this is already too much to ask or if it would take a severe impact in the server resources.

On another note. I think I noticed another day that the plugin doesn't read folders (not sure because it as a long time ago). Some users upload folders and thinks the site will add those automatically as well. Can you somehow add this functionality as well? I know a few backup scripts which will create a folder per date and without this functionality to interpret folders, the backups will never be added to their user account.

Cheers

enricodias4654

YetiShare User
Jan 13, 2015
It's better to build a custom ftp server in php that allow users to manage their account completely, uploading, downloading, crating folders, moving files and etc.