ImageViewer Plugin - Just learnt it uses its own /cache/ ???

neil3834

YetiShare User
Apr 10, 2014
Why would it not use the ../cache/ directory instead of ../plugins/imageviewer/site/cache/ ?

It makes no sense to have multiple temporary cache directories scattered all over the place. Why doesn't each plug-in store its temporary files within the root ../cache/ directory?

Are there any other modules that do this? I guess they will also have to be 777'd after uploading the module...? Dependent of course on Apache and the PHP environment.
Thanks.

neil3834

YetiShare User
Apr 10, 2014
Re: ImageViewer Plugin - Just learnt it uses its own /cache/

Hi

I cannot see the settings within the ImageViewer plug-in, of where to configure the pre-defined resolutions to offer visitors to resize to...???

Fixed Size: 16x16 32x32 64x64 125x125 180x150 250x250 300x250 120x240 160x600 500x500

Where is this?
Why can't I do 1024x1024 when the image is larger than 500x500 both horizontally and vertically.

I'm just confused why all these features you'd expect to see in a $50 - $60 module, aren't there! Seems like the media player only inserts an HTML5 player in a frame. Nothing more.

And that the ImageViewer, just inserts the uploaded image into a box and adds 1 row of information! "Dimensions".

I'm not sure what to do...

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009

neil3834 said:
Why would it not use the ../cache/ directory instead of ../plugins/imageviewer/site/cache/ ?

It makes no sense to have multiple temporary cache directories scattered all over the place. Why doesn't each plug-in store its temporary files within the root ../cache/ directory?

Are there any other modules that do this? I guess they will also have to be 777'd after uploading the module...? Dependent of course on Apache and the PHP environment.
Thanks.
Because the /cache/ folder was added after the image viewer plugin... no big deal really. Noted your recommendation to merge the 2.

neil3834

YetiShare User
Apr 10, 2014

And my second query?
Where is the setting to change these pre-configured resolutions?
Also, are the crop to box, or resize to box, etc?

There us also no information on the file being previewed. .. see other topic for more information...