Files Deleted w/out explanation

copycat

YetiShare User
Feb 20, 2019
Hello,
I have a moderator user account with 12 files in his account and showing in the interface.
Storage is local, and in files/ there are only 9 files.
The downloader user gets a web error : Error: Could not open file for reading.

I have no idea how they get deleted, is it possible something went wrong with cron delete_redundant_files.cron.php job?

Also in admin account they are still present as active in manage files.
Deleted files were downloaded previously, then somehow they are gone.

Last edited:

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
Hi.

delete_redundant_files.cron.php would also set the file entry in the script database as removed so it's unlikely that, given you said they're showing as active. Could the file have been removed directly on the file system?

It is within the /files/_deleted folder as that's where the script moves them to?

Is there anything in the file action queue to show the file being removed? If the script removed it, it would be logged there also.

Thanks,
Adam.

copycat

YetiShare User
Feb 20, 2019
Hi.

>>>delete_redundant_files.cron.php would also set the file entry in the script database as removed so it's unlikely that, given you said they're showing as active. >>>Could the file have been removed directly on the file system?

Dont think so, it is a vps with me as the only user,

>>>It is within the /files/_deleted folder as that's where the script moves them to?

There is no files/_deleted folder, only _tmp , _backup and other folders which contain the files

>>>Is there anything in the file action queue to show the file being removed? If the script removed it, it would be logged there also.

I didnt check the 'Action Queue' at the time i found out i had 3 files deleted, meanwhile i did delete/restore/delete-for-good/reupload.
Now i see for yesterday 4 files deleted with status complete, and today (i found them deleted today) 3 files deleted with status failed (File Or Folder Does Not Exist).

Thanks,
Adam.

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
I don't understand what you mean about the file action queue. Do the deletes exist in there?

The fact you have no /files/_deleted folder suggests they were deleted outside of the script.

copycat

YetiShare User
Feb 20, 2019
I don't understand what you mean about the file action queue. Do the deletes exist in there?

The fact you have no /files/_deleted folder suggests they were deleted outside of the script.
_deleted folder is a permanent folder or it shows up only when you delete files?